Author Topic: The Irrational Fear of Witchcraft Isn't Over... Nor Just in America  (Read 694 times)

Jamie

• View Profile
As TST begins utilizing The Witch to bring national attention to the irrational fear our nation has had (and continues to have) over witchcraft and Satanism, I feel like maybe we should at the very least begin to talk about this as a global problem. I recently watched this AJ+ video about a 2 year-old boy who was accused of witchcraft and thus abandoned by his family, left to starve to death.

I don't want to say much more at this point but rather leave it up others for their thoughts.
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n" - Milton

The Yattering

• Everything is bent, vyeiernght. - The Yattering
    • View Profile
    • www.thesatanictemple.com
As TST begins utilizing The Witch to bring national attention to the irrational fear our nation has had (and continues to have) over witchcraft and Satanism, I feel like maybe we should at the very least begin to talk about this as a global problem. I recently watched this AJ+ video about a 2 year-old boy who was accused of witchcraft and thus abandoned by his family, left to starve to death.

I don't want to say much more at this point but rather leave it up others for their thoughts.

Ja!  Definitely global.  A Kenyan friend shared a very candid story of a REAL witch hunt on the dark continent.  One tribe of "modern" folk "heard" another "modern" tribe's magic man put a curse on the first tribe.  Well, coincidentally, things started to go bad for the first tribe, and that tribe blamed the other tribe's magic man.  Well, it ended with a manhunt, the magic man had his hands chopped off, and the first tribe placed them on sticks and paraded the "magic" hands around town as they had "defeated" the "magic."

Crazy.  This occurred just years ago.

Witch hunts are real and take on many forms.

No matter what it is...It usually starts with a misunderstanding, a rumor, false belief, spreading, and then moves onto action.  It normally involves naturally unintelligent people.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of naturally unintelligent people, more than naturally intelligent.  So, what can you do?  Education does not work, because stupid people are incapable of grasping new and in depth ideas.

You can only hope that highly intelligent people are listening and have the natural power to slow or stop the stupid.

We are all going to be fucked for some more odd years.  But hope is not lost...we are just time-fucked.  Just smile.
Everything is bent, vyeiernght.  - The Yattering