Author Topic: So about legal weed?  (Read 3077 times)

Bellar_Zo

• View Profile
So about legal weed?
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:18:05 PM »
Just wondering if TST was okay with the shift towards legal weed. In my country the priminister has promised to legalize with in the next 4 years. But the UN has a problem with that as it suposedly violates international law (Yet rampent human rights violations in China, Arabia and Iran are A-OK). The US government  supposedly dosen't like Trudeau for this reason alone despite the fact washington borders BC and the pot from there is spilling over into Canada. Come on Already, leagalize the devil weed already to help us communicate with our lord (*embeds tounge firmly in cheek).
ZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZO

Lady Lye

• View Profile
Re: So about legal weed?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »
I'm totally for it, no need to be sending people to prison for something that harms no one (Except maybe those consuming it). In the mean time, I'll be enjoying my illegal weed.

RagnarSantorum

• Doctor of Illosophy
  • Administrator
  • Ally of TST Maine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »
I think its pretty much summed up in the third tenet: "One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone." if you want to smoke weed, that's your decision.

Personally I'm more Libertarian/Minarchist so I think all drugs should be decriminalized.
Sometimes I wonder if I go too far, and then I wonder if I don't go too far enough.

critterkoval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
I'm with RagnarSantorum. There *might* be (but probably isn't) a case to be made against manufacturing and distributing drugs. But using them? That shouldn't be illegal. Yes, even "hard" drugs. No one benefits from throwing users in prison, and everyone pays.
What ails us to fear overmeasure,
To praise thee with timorous breath,
O mistress and mother of pleasure,
The one thing as certain as death?

-Algernon Charles Swinburne, "Dolores"

Benjamin T. Awesome

• View Profile
    • My Medium
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »
Personally I'm more Libertarian/Minarchist so I think all drugs should be decriminalized.

I am not Libertarian, but I think all drugs should legalized. I believe that because it is the rational thing to do according to all the best evidence available. I think some of the best arguments for the legalization of drugs are being presented by Dr. Carl Hart, a professor at Columbia University. He has been on the JRE podcast twice. He has also been elsewhere in the media. I was for the legalization of drugs prior to being exposed to Dr. Hart's work and arguments, but his findings reinforced my own opinions. Listen to his appearances on the JRE podcast and you will not be disappointed. Even if you disagree with him, you will surely find it interesting if this is something you ever think about at all.

That said, I think that, basically, the War on Drugs is a travesty of epic, incalculable proportions. Cocaine is a hell of a drug and people need to stop getting shot over it. The same can be said for every illegal drug. So much of their illegality is completely nonsensical and rooted in anachronistic politics. Weed is just the gateway drug in terms of what needs to be legalized.

xenubarb

• (aka B.L. Zebarb)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
If I were a religious person, I would question why cannabis has been made illegal, and demonized with such classic propaganda films like Reefer Madness.

Smoking weed never helped me play the piano...

But if you believe that the Judeo-Christian god gave the world to man, and included this fabulous plant that produces any number of useful things, from fabric to medicine, you'd have to ask why these people reject this wonderful gift.

Of course we know it's all economic; wood pulp paper cannot compete with hemp. The best ropes are still made of hemp. Then there's competition from alcohol manufacturers who don't want cannabis legalized. Then there's the 'law n' order' corner which generates tons of income by busting people involved in the cannabis industry.

The arguments are crude and puerile, rife with ignorance and outright lies.

In the public arena, the spectacle is very similar to the marriage equality and women's health care rights; the people against them are superstitious and willfully ignorant. It's the same damn battle on a different front.

Lucidfer

• Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
I'm pro-drugs for the same reason I'm pro a lot of random things. I'll use the same argument for drugs that I do with something such as being transgendered. I believe in liberty. You own your body. Your body is your property. You should be allowed to do with your property whatever you want as long as you're not infringing upon the rights of others.
I'm an anti-establishment, anti-feminist, anti-conservative/right, and anti-regressive/left satanist that believes only bad and stupid ideas want to be shielded from criticism.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »
If TST made cannabis an optional part of a religious ritual, could we push for some kind of legal exemption? To deny it would amount to religious discrimination.

Ms Nightshade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 07:01:46 AM »
I'm not Libertarian either but this is what I believe: I think all drugs should be legal and addiction treatment widely available. We are such hypocrites in this country. Someone will gladly smoke, drink, take prescriptions, and enjoy coffee then turn and condemn a pot smoker. It makes no sense. Legalize it all and let people do as they will.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:04:58 AM by Ms Nightshade »

Alchemist16AD

• Embrace The Black Rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:40 PM »
I think it would be awesome if they could get rid of all drugs. And come up with something that can be legal with out all the risks. But that's just me. However I respect the rights of people do do as they wish as long as it harms no one else. Now reason why I opened with what I did is. A) my real parents were killed by a drunk driver. I had a girlfriend killed by a drunk driver. I have lost friends to bad drugs. I don't blame drugs. Just like I don't blame guns or bullets or gun makers for gun mass shootings. I blame humans for bad mistakes. Would smoke a joint if you could pot a pill that would make you just as buzzed/high with out zero chances of over dose or side effects? And I say drugs because I have seen many over dose on legal drugs.  And out of all the pot smokes I have known. And there was many. Only two have not went to bigger far worse drugs. Bottom lines are if you not going to harm others then take what ever you want. Legal or non legal I really don't care.  Just wish people would be more careful. 
Forged from wisdom, crafted from knowledge, a product of intelligence, raised by ignorance and stupidly. -Myself .

Knuse

• No Gods No Masters
    • View Profile
    • Knuse
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:02 AM »
Smoke weed everyday.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.  Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Wolfkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
Smoke weed everyday.

Well at least we agree on something. Vaporizing > Smoking though for me.

Lucidfer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
Smoke weed everyday.

Well at least we agree on something. Vaporizing > Smoking though for me.

Marijuana: The great unifier!

On a related note it's amazing how many people I've met through weed. Everyone from bankers to thugs. So many people I never would have met, hung out with, or even talked too if it wasn't for that common ground. It truly is a social drug like no other.
I'm an anti-establishment, anti-feminist, anti-conservative/right, and anti-regressive/left satanist that believes only bad and stupid ideas want to be shielded from criticism.

Lady Lye

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
If TST made cannabis an optional part of a religious ritual, could we push for some kind of legal exemption? To deny it would amount to religious discrimination.
This is actually a pretty great idea, and it sounds like there are at least a few cases of an exemption being granted, along with examples of it being denied. I've used it in a few rituals myself.

That said, I've personally decided to quit weed. It's just been too hard to find motivation to do much of anything that I want to do with my life.

Lucidfer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 02:12:01 PM »
That said, I've personally decided to quit weed. It's just been too hard to find motivation to do much of anything that I want to do with my life.

I'm pro-weed as hell, but this is really my only serious criticism of weed, it makes you feel okay with being lazy or bored. This is a problem for those of us that have issues with being productive, but so far--thankfully--moderation has worked for me.