Author Topic: Hacktivist Oppurtunity  (Read 636 times)

secret_mountain_lady

• Everybody feeds the fat boy!
    • View Profile
Hacktivist Oppurtunity
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »
I'm not associated with the San Jose chapter but I thought this would be a great opportunity for members people in the bay area. This is probably more relevant to hactivists but since we are all on the same team it doesn't really matter. I met Caitlin at Defcon this past year and she is sincerely one of the most bad ass humans I've ever met. She has been doing these seminars called "Hack Your FBI File." If your like myself and probably many others here and have been involved in extra legal activism and want to see what the feds have on you, she will teach you how to acquire that info.

"Lecture on background information of the Freedom of Information and Privacy act. She will guide you through typing your own FOIA request to an agency. Examples: You can write a request to the FBI for records about you, or you can write the Bureau of Prisons seeking information about policies.This workshop will not cover state/local Public Records Act requests." She is the real deal. Hope some of you can make it. I thought her panel's at Defcon and B-Sides this year were nothing short of phenomenal. Best of luck!

https://caitlinkellyhenry.com/foia-workshop/  Saturday February 20th from 1-3PM
1201 Martin Luther King Jr Way, at 12th St. , Oakland. Close walk to 12th St. Bart. Accessible building.
Bring a laptop.